Click here to read the full report on Mapping Responses to Social Media Threats. The report identifies social media threats on social cohesion, human rights, violence and democracy and then identifies creative options for addressing those threats through:
- Building a better bridge between offline dialogue and online platforms.
- Helping tech companies improve their platform design and moderation.
- Supporting civic tech and peace tech options for addressing social media threats.
- Mobilizing civil society to develop campaigns to address social media threats directly or through leveraging pressure on tech companies and governments.
- Leveraging financial and legal pressure on tech companies.
- Recognizing the education and research necessary to develop better long-term solutions.